New Hope Parish Weekly Publication
October 22, 2020
- It is once again time to send in your names for All Saint’s Day. Osawatomie please send in all your names present and past. Paola please send in names from last All Saints Day to this All Saint’s Day. Please email or call your names to the appropriate church office by noon on October 29, 2020.
- The Well Wesleyan Church is having a benefit for the OMA Benevolence Fund on Oct 31 from 5-7PM with, Chili, Baked Goods and an outdoor concert with Pick & Bow. They are from the KC area. Very good award winning musicians. If you want more info email email@example.com. The address of the church is 513 15th St, Osawatomie, KS 66064
- Paola Vintage Park Assisted Living is looking for puzzles to be donated. Puzzles only with 300-500 pieces will be accepted due to space issues. Please contact Pat Barnett if you have some to donate.
- New Hope Parish Directory– New life is being breathed back into the parish directory. A big thank you to Mike Barnett of Paola for all his hard work in making this possible. Your parish council is giving the directory one more review before sending it out. So, please keep an eye on your mailbox in the next few weeks for a copy of the directory. We’ll include a form in case you don’t see your information listed or if there are changes that need to be made. Thank you for your help and patience.
- If you or someone you know is unable to watch the worship service online or participate in online fellowship, please contact your church office for other ways to participate in worship. (DVD, VHS, CD, Cassette Tape, etc….)
- To watch the live 11:00 am Service on Sunday and previously recorded services go to: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDDMsp1jmJj8LCRA8pc1SrQ
- NHP Kids TV is available at nhparish.org and click on Kids TV link.
- Pastor Paul is available at 913-259-4235 if you need to talk or if you have a prayer concern.
- The Food Pantry in Osawatomie is open on Wednesdays from 11:30-12:30. They are opening the Food Pantry up to Louisburg and Paola during this COVID-19 pandemic.
- PACA: All food is welcomed during this unprecedented time. Macaroni and cheese is especially needed, can evaporated milk, complete pancake mix and also the 5.5 oz complete pancake mix packages, pancake syrup, instant oatmeal, jelly, cereal, cookies bag mix. Or, a check can made out to PACA Food Pantry and sent to the FPC church office.
- New Hope Parish October Birthdays and Anniversaries
18th Mary Ann Grimes 31st Dale & Linda Prothe
14th LuAnne Debrick
16th Bonnie Dumpert
26th Renee Haag
26th Phyllis Stevens
30th Doris Ware
Parish Prayer Requests
Harold Barnett (healing and strength) and Colleen
Mike Cox (Diana Cox’s husband and Angie Pennock’s stepfather)
LuAnne Debrick (healing)
Venie Elliott (healing and discernment)
Jack Floyd (healing and discernment)
Evelyn Gabbert (healing)
Beulah Johnson (healing and comfort)
Paisley Keith Medlen (blood disorder) (Ed & Vida Hurlbut’s great-granddaughter)
Linda Prothe (healing from recent surgery)
Liz Redd (healing)
Marsha Ratkovic (Pat Barnett’s sister) breast cancer metastasized
Phyllis Stevens (healing)
Verla Thomas (healing)
Betty Ventura (healing)
Suzie Wilcox (ALS)
Paula Weir (for healing) and Bob Weir (comfort and discernment)
Community Prayer Requests
Connie Attebery, a friend of Bonnie Wallace
Rev. Shannon Borgman and her husband, Adam, have tested positive for COVID.
Sharon Davey (health issues) (Grady Atwater)
Kenny Darner, prayers for healing, brother-in-law to Evelyn Gabbert Roxanne Egidy – Brain injury, Marylu Egidy’s niece
Joe Fickel prayers for comfort
Ron and Sandy Galvin prayers for healing and discernment
Judie Halvorsen (wife of Pastor Marvin Halvorsen, 7th Day Adventist Church of
Osawatomie (COVID-19 and pneumonia-she is in the hospital)
Riley McDougal (son of Marty McDougal) (healing and comfort)
Debbie, a friend of Dee Anne Mendel
Robert Sawin -Cancer – Judy Windler’s father
Shelly, a friend of Max and Carolyn Servais, has cancer
Cindy Hickey – breast cancer
Lori Martin (Comfort, healing and discernment)
Kim Walker (Comfort, healing and discernment)
Chet Barnett (grandson of the Barnett’s)
Men and women who are now serving or have served in the past.
All those affected by this virus, including all healthcare workers, first responders, and scientists.
Family and friends of Phyllis Scott (Jackie Leach’s sister)
Family and friends of Clayton Woody (friend of the Applegarth’s)
Family and friends of Karen Lyerla (family member of Holly Applegarth)
Family and friends of Virginia Ramsey (Mike Barnett’s aunt)
Pine Ridge Presbyterian Church, Kansas City, MO
Iglesia Fé y Esperanza, Zunil
Please pray for all the Honorably Retired, at-large members who are not currently serving churches, all Ministers serving in validated ministries, and support staff of the churches each week.
The sick, their caretakers, and the rest of us trying to stay safe, and sane, during this pandemic.
Throughout God’s Creation
Those affected by wildfires in the US and throughout the world. The devastation from all the current hurricanes, and from the Derecho storm in Iowa.
Also, those affected by Global Warming
Debbie Fortney’s dad is coming home on Friday, October 23rd. Please continue praying for his healing.