New Hope Parish Weekly Publication
November 19, 2020
- Pastor Paul will be out of the offices from November 23 and return on December 8. For pastoral needs, please call 913-259-4235.
- There is a Called Congregational Meeting for First Presbyterian Church Paola immediately following the church service on Sunday, November 29th. This will be to elect Ruling Elders for the Session and a representative for Parish Council.
- Pastor Paul has some Advent Devotionals to share. If you would like one, please contact one of the church offices.
- If you have any requests or ideas for special music, please contact your church office.
- If you have anything to add to the weekly newsletter/announcement, please have your information to the Paola or Osawatomie office by noon on Tuesday.
- Paola Vintage Park Assisted Living is looking for puzzles to be donated. Puzzles only with 300-500 pieces will be accepted due to space issues. Please contact Pat Barnett if you have some to donate.
- New Hope Parish Directory– New life is being breathed back into the parish directory. A big thank you to Mike Barnett of Paola for all his hard work in making this possible. Your parish council is giving the directory one more review before sending it out. So, please keep an eye on your mailbox in the next few weeks for a copy of the directory. We’ll include a form in case you don’t see your information listed or if there are changes that need to be made. Thank you for your help and patience.
- If you or someone you know is unable to watch the worship service online or participate in online fellowship, please contact your church office for other ways to participate in worship. (DVD, VHS, CD, Cassette Tape, etc….)
- To watch the live 11:00 am Service on Sunday and previously recorded services go to: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDDMsp1jmJj8LCRA8pc1SrQ
- NHP Kids TV is available at nhparish.org and click on Kids TV link.
- Pastor Paul is available at 913-259-4235 if you need to talk or if you have a prayer concern.
- The Food Pantry in Osawatomie is open on Wednesdays from 11:30-12:30. They are opening the Food Pantry up to Louisburg and Paola during this COVID-19 pandemic.
- PACA: All food is welcomed during this unprecedented time. Macaroni and cheese is especially needed, can evaporated milk, complete pancake mix and also the 5.5 oz complete pancake mix packages, pancake syrup, instant oatmeal, jelly, cereal, cookies bag mix. Or, a check can made out to PACA Food Pantry and sent to the FPC church office.
- New Hope Parish November Birthdays and Anniversaries
11/18 Hazel Davidson
11/19 Joe Fox
11/22 Bill Griffin
11/29 Fred Koup
11/30 Betty Ventura
Parish Prayer Requests
Harold Barnett (healing and strength) and Colleen
Char Bergene (healing)
Mike Cox (Diana Cox’s husband and Angie Pennock’s stepfather)
LuAnne Debrick (healing)
Grace Donham (healing)
Venie Elliott (healing and discernment)
Jack Floyd (healing and discernment)
Evelyn Gabbert (healing)
Beulah Johnson (healing and comfort)
Paisley Keith Medlen (blood disorder) (Ed & Vida Hurlbut’s great granddaughter)
Linda Prothe (healing from recent surgery)
Kelley Wallace, prayers for healing
Liz Redd (healing)
Marsha Ratkovic (Pat Barnett’s sister) breast cancer metastasized
Phyllis Stevens (healing)
Verla Thomas (healing)
Betty Ventura (healing)
Suzie Wilcox (ALS)
Paula Weir (for healing) and Bob Weir (comfort and discernment)
Community Prayer Requests
Cheri Cardwell for healing and strength – battling liver cancer
Connie Attebery, friend of Bonnie Wallace
Sharon Davey (health issues) (Grady Atwater)
Kenny Darner, prayers for healing, brother-in-law to Evelyn Gabbert Roxanne Egidy – Brain injury, Marylu Egidy’s niece
Joe Fickel prayers for comfort
Ron and Sandy Galvin prayers for healing and discernment
Judie Halvorsen (wife of Pastor Marvin Halvorsen, 7th Day Adventist Church of
Osawatomie (COVID-19 and pneumonia-she is in the hospital)
Riley McDougal (son of Marty McDougal) (healing and comfort)
Debbie, friend of Dee Anne Mendel
Robert Sawin -Cancer – Judy Windler’s father
Shelly, friend of Max and Carolyn Servais, has cancer
Cindy Hickey – breast cancer
Lori Martin (Comfort, healing and discernment)
Kim Walker (Comfort, healing and discernment)
Chet Barnett (grandson of the Barnett’s)
Men and women who are now serving or have served in the past.
All those affected by this virus, including all healthcare workers, first responders, and scientists.
Family and friends of Wendy Palsmeier’s aunt (died from COVID-19)
Family and Friends of Mary Jane Cutshaw (Dee Mendel’s aunt)
Family and friends of Rev. William Pfeiffer
Family and friends of Leon Fortney (Debbie Fortney’s father)
Family and friends of Billy “Bill” Rickman
Family and friends of JoAnne Hileman
St. Paul Presbyterian Church, Kansas City, MO
Heartland Presbytery Stated Meeting – November 17th
It is with heavy hearts we share the news that, the Rev. Dr. William O. Pfeiffer, age 96, passed away at Lakeview Village on October 27, 2020. Memorial services are not being held due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Bill was pastor of First Presbyterian Church—Pleasanton, KS, and also First Presbyterian Church—Paola, KS. He was also the long-time president of the Synod’s Church Development Corporation. Visit his obituary for more information. Please keep his friends and family in your prayers.
Please pray for all the Honorably Retired, at-large members who are not currently serving churches, all Ministers serving in validated ministries, and support staff of the churches each week. The sick, their caretakers, and the rest of us trying to stay safe, and sane, during this pandemic.
Throughout God’s Creation
Those affected by the wildfires in the US and throughout the world. The devastation from all the current hurricanes, and from the Derecho storm in Iowa.
Also, those affected by Global Warming
Rev. Shannon Borgman and her husband, Adam, are now COVID free