New Hope Parish Weekly Publication – September 20, 2020
- The Paola Thrift Shop is now open- Hours are 9:00 am-12:00 pm. Donations are accepted only on Thursdays from 9:00 am-Noon and Saturday afternoons from 1:00 – 4:00 pm. Parish Members are encouraged to help out with donations. The general public has not been able to donate due to COVID, therefore, it will take some time for them to realize the new donation schedule. Thank you in advance for your help.
- If you would like to volunteer as a Liturgist, please contact your church office.
What: Walk to Defeat ALS
Who: Team “All our Love for Suzy”
When: Saturday, October 3, 10:00 AM
Where: Paola High School track
ALS Continued: PLEASE READ: Since we will be using a district property for our walk, mask wearing will be required. Staff and students are required to wear masks while on school property so we would like to be respectful of their rules and guidelines since they are allowing us to use the property. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- DATE FOR AN ALL PARISH PICNIC-MARK YOUR CALENDARS: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 26TH! At First Presbyterian Church Osawatomie, from 11:00 am until 1:00 pm.
- If you or someone you know is unable to watch the worship service online or participate in online fellowship, please contact your church office for other ways to participate in worship. (DVD, VHS, CD, Cassette Tape, etc….)
- To watch the live 11:00 am Service on Sunday and previously recorded services go to: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDDMsp1jmJj8LCRA8pc1SrQ
- NHP Kids TV is available at nhparish.org and click on Kids TV link.
- Pastor Paul is available at 913-259-4235 if you need to talk or if you have a prayer concern.
- The Food Pantry in Osawatomie is open on Wednesdays from 11:30-12:30. They are opening the Food Pantry up to Louisburg and Paola during this COVID-19 pandemic.
- PACA: All food is welcomed during this unprecedented time. Macaroni and cheese is especially needed, can evaporated milk, complete pancake mix and also the 5.5 oz complete pancake mix packages, pancake syrup, instant oatmeal, jelly, cereal, cookies bag mix. Or, a check can made out to PACA Food Pantry and sent to the FPC church office.
New Hope Parish September Birthdays and Anniversaries
25th David Ware 19th Brian & Brigitte Pinneo
New Hope Parish Calendar
- September 23rd – Parish Fellowship and Outreach Team – 7:00 PM
- September 26th – All Parish Picnic-First Presbyterian Church Osawatomie, 11:00 am-1:00 PM. All are invited.
- October 3rd – Walk to Defeat ALS – 10:00 AM – Paola High School Track
New Hope Parish Prayer Requests and Praises
Ben Matney passed his Eagle Scout Board of Review
Ben Matney (center) holds a flag display case that he presented to the Paola American Legion Post 156. Matney was joined by members of Osawatomie Boy Scout Troop 106. For his Eagle Scout project, he made 60 display boxes for families of local veterans.
“When my grandfather passed away, we were trying to find a nice flag display box to put his flag in and couldn’t find one,” he said. “We were not going to put an American flag in a box made in China. I thought making some nice American flag display boxes would be a great project.”
Matney worked on the project for two years, donating them to the Paola American Legion Post 156. He started the project in September of 2018 and just finished his 60th display box this past June. He said time and care was put into each and every display box and that is why it was such a time consuming one. “I am not going to give a family something I wouldn’t display in my home,” he said. “I am proud of every single display box.”
What an accomplishment for this young man. All at New Hope Parish Congratulate Him!!
Parish Prayer Requests
Harold Barnett (healing and strength) and Colleen
Mike Cox (Diana Cox’s husband and Angie Pennock’s stepfather)
LuAnne Debrick (healing)
Venie Elliott (healing and discernment)
Jack Floyd (healing and discernment)
Evelyn Gabbert (healing)
Beulah Johnson (healing and comfort)
Paisley Keith Medlen (blood disorder) (Ed & Vida Hurlbut’s great-granddaughter)
Linda Prothe (healing from recent surgery)
Liz Redd (healing)
Marsha Ratkovic (Pat Barnett’s sister) breast cancer metastasized
Phyllis Stevens (healing)
Verla Thomas (healing)
Betty Ventura (healing)
Suzie Wilcox (ALS)
Paula Weir (for healing) and Bob Weir (comfort and discernment)
Community Prayer Requests
Connie Attebery, friend of Bonnie Wallace
Sharon Davey (health issues) (Grady Atwater)
Kenny Darner, prayers for healing, brother-in-law to Evelyn Gabbert Roxanne Egidy – Brain injury, Marylu Egidy’s niece
Joe Fickel prayers for comfort
Ron and Sandy Galvin prayers for healing and discernment
Judie Halvorsen (wife of Pastor Marvin Halvorsen, 7th Day Adventist Church of
Osawatomie (COVID-19 and pneumonia-she is in the hospital)
Riley McDougal (son of Marty McDougal) (healing and comfort)
Debbie, friend of Dee Anne Mendel
Robert Sawin -Cancer – Judy Windler’s father
Shelly, friend of Max and Carolyn Servais, has cancer
Cindy Hickey – breast cancer
Lori Martin (Comfort, healing and discernment)
Kim Walker (Comfort, healing and discernment)
Chet Barnett (grandson of the Barnett’s)
Men and women who are now serving or have served in the past.
All those affected by this virus, including all healthcare workers, first responders, and scientists.
Family and Friends of Ron Worley upon his death due to COVID (Joann and Marc Ruggles son-in-law)
Please pray for all the Honorably Retired, at-large members who are not currently serving churches, all Ministers serving in validated ministries, and support staff of the churches each week.
Presbyterian Women in Heartland Presbytery
Iglesia Liberación Divina, Nueva Candelaria, Totonicapán
The sick, their caretakers, and the rest of us trying to stay safe, and sane, during this pandemic.
Throughout God’s Creation
Those affected by wildfires in the US and throughout the world. The devastation from all the current hurricanes, and from the Derecho storm in Iowa.
Also, those affected by Global Warming